Gyms and Pool
Let's face it, study can leave you drained, tired and sometimes stressed. Increasing your heart rate, even for just 20 minutes, has been proven to elevate your mood, give you MORE energy and alleviate stress.
Whether you're a student, staff or community member, fitness fanatic or just wanting to maintain a healthy balance in your life, our gyms in Rotorua (Mokoia Campus) and Tauranga (Windermere Campus) have something for you!
Aquatic and Fitness Centre, Windermere Campus (Tauranga)
Toi Ohomai Tauranga's Aquatic and Fitness Centre - Te Pare a Ruahine features a 25m training pool, gym, and educational facility. Check it out via the virtual tour.
All memberships include access to the pool, all group fitness classes, and ongoing assessments and programmes with some of the most knowledgeable, experienced, and motivated staff around.
Here you'll find:
- Classes: Group fitness classes, circuit training, aqua jogging, Keep on your Feet, Annual 8 Week Challenge and more. We've got something for everyone!
- Facilities: 25m pool with a 4m scuba dive well and 6 swim lanes, fully equipped gym (NZ Academy of Sport accredited facility)
- Services: Fitness programmes delivered by qualified instructors, fitness testing, ACC client rehabilitation, physiotherapy (details on our Health Centre page), sports specific strength and conditioning, sports science services and Mirimiri Bodywork - Traditional Māori Healing.
The Aquatic & Fitness Centre has a range of classes to suit everyone. Come along, you'll love it!
Toi Ohomai Recreation Centre, Mokoia Campus (Rotorua)
As a member you can pop in for a game of badminton or basketball, a quick weights session and more. Membership fees include access to social sports and a great range of exercise classes.
At the Toi Ohomai Recreation Centre you'll find:
- Classes: Balance, circuit classes, spin classes
- Sports: Basketball, dodgeball, netball, soccer, vollleyball, badminton, cricket, touch
- Services: Personal training sessions and exercise programmes, health and fitness testing, sports science services
Gym (Aquatic and Fitness Centre), Windermere Campus
Saturday and Sunday, 7:00am-2:00pm
Weekend members' family swim from 12 noon-2:00pm
Refer to the webpage for specific hours over holiday periods