Employer and Industry Collaboration
You need the best people to make your business thrive. We work closely with all the diverse industries in our region to ensure that every one of our courses is designed to meet employer needs.
This in turn provides ideal outcomes for our students and helps make a positive impact in our communities.
More than 75% of our students spend part of their course undertaking work placements, which help facilitate valuable connections between students and potential employers.
We also offer a wide range of workplace or industry-only courses, which have been specifically developed to upskill people who are already working.
We enjoy open, ongoing, two-way conversations with our partners in industry. This keeps us up to date with what's happening in the ‘real world' and ensures that we’re providing innovative and relevant education services.
Together, we collaborate on work-based learning initiatives like the co-development of micro-credentials, student internships, cadetship opportunities and special projects.
If you have ideas for new courses, or suggestions on how we can update our existing courses to better align with the changes you're seeing in your industry, please contact us.
Employ a Student
You need people who can get the job done - and we can introduce you to those people! Promote your vacancy to our talented students and graduates. You can expect an email response from our careers and employability team within 24 hours.
Industry-Only Courses - Learn While you Earn
These courses have been developed to upskill people who are already working in their respective industries, from entry-level to management level, and are designed to fit around existing work commitments.
Take a look at our industry-only courses (available to domestic students only).
Workplace Upskilling - Free Courses, Customised for your Business
Our workplace engagement facilitators can create customised training courses for your staff to maximise their potential and increase your business profitability and productivity.
You decide which skills you want to develop, when, and where - we then deliver the training at your workplace or on campus.
Popular options include:
- Literacy and Numeracy – computer skills, calculating and counting, workplace communication, understanding oral and written instructions, and completing forms.
- Language Skills – English as a second language, or te reo Māori for the workplace.
- Customer Service Skills – valuing and understanding customer needs and expectations, attitude, courtesy, first impressions, ethical behaviour, listening and speaking skills, verbal and non-verbal communication, knowing your products and services, and handling complaints.
- Business Skills – building an effective team, participating in team meetings, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Health and Safety – ensuring an understanding of, and compliance with, business health and safety requirements.
- Trade skills e.g. forklift training
Read more about our free customised workplace literacy courses or email us to arrange for a tutor to visit your workplace to discuss all the options. We can customise a course for your business.