Health Centre, Mokoia Campus
The Mokoia Health Centre in Rotorua offers free healthcare and advice.
Note there may be some additional costs for international students e.g. laboratory costs, so please check with your medical insurance provider and Health Centre staff.
- Registered Nurse available 8.30am–4pm.
- Doctor available Monday and Wednesday mornings. Please see the nurse to book an appointment.
- First aid and treatment and advice for injuries, including dressings for wounds. ( ACC Provider)
- Assessment and support for minor illness.
- Health screening including weight and blood pressure monitoring.
- Health monitoring and support for medical conditions including diabetes, hypertension, asthma, epilepsy.
- Sexual health services including contraception, emergency contraception pill (ECP), pregnancy tests, STI screening, and free condoms.
- Cervical screening
- Smoking cessation support
Free Counselling Services
Home, work and study sometimes create real challenges, but talking it over can help turn big hurdles into manageable steps. Our on site counsellor can provide confidential help with things like:
- Coping with change
- Study or work challenges
- Managing anxiety and stress
- Family and relationship issues
- Decision making
- Drug and alcohol issues
- ... or if you just need someone to talk to
Don’t wait until problems get on top of you, make an appointment to see our counsellor for a confidential talk.
Health Centre (Te Whare Hauora), Mokoia Campus
Monday–Friday, 8.30am–4.00pm, Room M11
Dr. Sally Hoskins, visiting campus doctor, available Mondays 8.30am-10.30am
Dr. Sarah Dalziel, visiting campus doctor, available Wednesdays 9.00-11.30am
M Block, Mokoia Campus