Health Centre, Mokoia Campus
Te Whare Hauora - Health Centre, Mokoia Campus offers on-site free healthcare services to Toi Ohomai students and staff.
We offer a great range of services including Katiaki Nurses, counselling services and referrals to internal and external support services. All of our services are confidential.
The healthcare services include:
- Kaitiaki Nurses
- Counselling services
- Physiotherapy services
- Doctor/Nurse Practitioner appointments
- Health advice
- Treatment of minor injuries and wounds
- Health screening (asthma, blood pressure checks, blood sugar checks)
- Sexual health services
- Support with mental health issues such as stress, anxiety or other challenges you may be facing
- Smoking cessation support
- Referrals to internal and external healthcare and wellbeing services and support
Te Whare Hauora - Health Centre Timetable
See the contact information at the bottom of this page for general opening hours.
Note that all services below are open to all students of Toi Ohomai.
|Kaitiaki Nurse: (Mokoia)||8.30am-4.00pm||8.30am-4.00pm||8.30am-4.00pm||8.30am-4.00pm||8.30am-4.00pm|
|Health Professional||Doctor (Mokoia)|
|Health Professional||Kaitiaki Nurse: (Mokoia)|
|Health Professional||Counsellor (Mokoia)|
Free Counselling Services
Home, work and study sometimes create real challenges, but talking it over can help turn big hurdles into manageable steps. Our on-site counsellor from Bay Counselling can provide confidential help with things like:
- Coping with change
- Study or work challenges
- Managing anxiety and stress
- Family and relationship issues
- Decision making
- Drug and alcohol issues
- ... or if you just need someone to talk to
To make an appointment: Drop in to Te Whare Hauora – Health Centre and talk to the Kaitiaki Nurse.
Each student is entitled to three free sessions and if more help is needed the counsellor will refer you to the appropriate service. Please give 24 hours notice if cancelling so that another student can book in your place.