Research Project (Level 7) (30 credits)
The aim of this paper is for students to experience the challenges of undertaking research, to develop the skills needed for planning and designing research, to research a topic using the literature, to gather and work with data, to report their results, and interpret and critique the outcome. Students will undertake their project in a resource management context of their choice.
- Articulate a research question
- Prepare a proposal addressing the research question
- Determine the requirements for gathering, working with and interpreting data
- Critically evaluate and appraise published literature
- Write a scientific report in a publishable format