The focus on marketing and sales within the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) will ensure you are equipped to provide insight into brand management, product design and influencers of buyer behaviour. This will allow you to advise, plan and execute marketing and sales strategies that will anticipate and enrich the customer experience.
Domestic students have the option of studying this course fully online via TANZ eCampus
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (Marketing and Sales) (Level 5)
|Next intake||Flexible (TANZ eCampus) View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
If you elect for the fully online TANZ eCampus option (available to domestic students only): Each topic/paper requires approximately 16.5 hours per week of study time, and 9 weeks in total duration. You can enrol on more than one topic/paper at a time, which will increase the amount of study required per week.
Part-time study available
Offered online or partly online
|Indicative Fees||$5,710 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Depending on the strand you choose, employment opportunities may include:
- accounting technician
- business banker
- event manager
- marketing executive
- office manager
- sales executive
Topics you'll cover
Compulsory topics for all specialties are:
- Organisations in a New Zealand Context
- Business Fundamentals
- Business Environments
- Change Management
Marketing and sales topics:
- Marketing Principles
- Relationship Marketing
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Marketing Communications
|Indicative Fees *||$5,710 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
For domestic applicants under the age of 20 will need:
- 50 credits at NCEA Level 2, including a minimum of eight Literacy credits, OR
- equivalent educational achievement.
If you do not meet the academic requirements you may be given special admission if Toi Ohomai staff are satisfied you are capable of successfully completing the requirements.
Special admission may also apply for applicants over 20 years.
You’ll be invited to an information meeting prior to Toi Ohomai offering you a place. This is your opportunity to find out more about the course content and to make sure you're on the most appropriate course for your career aspirations and current level of experience.
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- If you elect for the fully online TANZ eCampus option (available to domestic students only): Each topic/paper requires approximately 16.5 hours per week of study time, and 9 weeks in total duration. You can enrol on more than one topic/paper at a time, which will increase the amount of study required per week.
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online