Managing a team is all about having the confidence and the techniques to lead effectively. For those of you who would like to step up into a management role or perhaps have some team leadership experience and wish to progress your career, this course will give you the self-assurance to be a great leader.
You'll gain systems knowledge and tools to lead in a capable and confident manner and the motivation to take your career in management to the next level.
You can choose to study face-to-face on campus at Toi Ohomai or fully online via eCampus NZ.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4)
|Locations||Online, Rotorua, Taupō|
|Next intake||Mar 2021, Flexible View more details|
1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
17 weeks online and 16 weeks face-to-face option (blended delivery)
Part-time study available
Offered online / partly online
|Indicative Fees||$2,494 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Career opportunities may include roles as team leader, supervisor, or manager of a small team.
Topics you'll cover
- Performance and Variance Management
- Achieving Team Objectives
- Team Management and Motivation
- Effective Leadership
|Indicative Fees *||$2,494 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Online option via eCampus NZ - $685.76 total cost of qualification
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- 40 credits NCEA Level 1, including 10 literacy credits and 10 numeracy credits or New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3).
If you do not meet the above entry requirements you may still be approved for entry if you can show you have the literacy and numeracy skills needed for tertiary study through other study, work and/or life experience. Please contact eCampus NZ for more information.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you may be required to show that your English language skills meet IELTS 5.5 Academic (no lower than 5.0 in any subtest) or English Proficiency Outcomes Chart equivalent.
If you have no evidence of your English language skills and are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, contact eCampus NZ for an assessment.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||11 Jan 2021|
|Taupō||Taupō Campus||5 Mar 2021|
|Taupō||Taupō Campus||7 May 2021|
|Taupō||Taupō Campus||2 Jun 2021|
|Taupō||Taupō Campus||20 Aug 2021|
- 1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- 17 weeks online and 16 weeks face-to-face option (blended delivery)
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online