Do you work in a public health or clinical health environment and need to know about how to prevent and minimise the spread of infection?
Our graduate courses are not only for nurses and other clinical staff, but anyone whose field of work involves the potential for infection transmission, such as scientists, lab technicians or allied health workers.
In this course you'll learn about microorganisms and the basic principles of microbiology, and find out how public health epidemiology studies help us to understand the causes and effects of disease in different population groups.
You'll also learn best-practice strategies to prevent and minimise the spread of infectious organisms.
After completing this course, many of our graduates have continued to further their learning with the Graduate Diploma in Infection Risk Management.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Graduate Certificate in Infection Risk Management
|Next intake||Feb 2021 View more details|
1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
Offered online or partly online
|Indicative Fees||Approx. $3,672-$4,284 total cost of qualification (dependent on papers chosen) for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Employment in the areas of:
- public health or health monitoring
- infection prevention and control clinics
- science or environmental analysis
- food production
- communicable diseases
- local government
Topics you'll cover
- Microbiology for Infection Risk Management
- Fundamentals of Infection Risk Management
|Indicative Fees *||Approx. $3,672-$4,284 total cost of qualification (dependent on papers chosen) for domestic students|
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2021 study. Enrol by 31 December 2020 and you’ll pay the 2020 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- hold an undergraduate degree in any discipline, OR
- hold a Level 6 diploma in a relevant field, OR
- be able to demonstrate equivalent practical, professional or educational experience.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Online||Online||22 Feb 2021|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||22 Feb 2021|
|Online||Online||19 Jul 2021|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||19 Jul 2021|
|Online||Online||22 Nov 2021|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||22 Nov 2021|
- 1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online