Te Ara Poutama – Maori and Pasifika Trade Training Scholarship
Te Ara Poutama provides scholarships to Māori and Pasifika students enrolled at Toi Ohomai who wish to gain qualifications in trades, and continue on to employment and apprenticeships.
The scholarships are provided to the courses listed below with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission.
What the Scholarships Cover
- Tuition fees
- Pastoral care
- Work brokerage support to find work placements
The scholarship does not cover specific course related costs – training materials, tools of trade… which have to be covered by the student.
Who Can Apply:
You must be:
- Māori or Pasifika
- Aged 16 – 40
- A New Zealand citizen or New Zealand permanent resident
- Enrolled in your chosen trade course
A panel will choose the students to receive the scholarship based on you meeting the entry requirements of your course, then correctly filling out the online scholarship application and finally demonstrating a commitment to completing the course and working in your chosen trade.
If there are more applications than scholarships available, an interview may be required.
Complete the online application form:
- Te Ara Poutama – Maori and Pasifika Trade Training Scholarship Application form
- Culinary Arts (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Automotive Engineering (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Barber Skills (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Collision Repair and Automotive Refinishing (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3)