Student Experience Team
The Student Experience Team helps make your life on campus more enjoyable with sports, cultural, and social activities!
The highlight is our Orientation events, which are held at the beginning of trimester, but there are lots of other events throughout the year like:
- Te Wiki o te Reo Māori – Māori Language Week
- Matariki festivities to celebrate the Maori new year
- Multicultural Celebrations including Diwali and Indian Independence Day
- Annual holidays like Easter, Anzac Day and Halloween
- Pink Shirt Day fundraising to support anti-bullying
- Quiz nights
- Market days to feature student businesses
- Live music gigs
- Mental Health Awareness Week and Suicide Awareness Day
- BBQs and free food!
- Take a Paws – pet therapy dogs on campus
- Sports competitions
Toi Ohomai Hub – Student App
To help make it easier for you to do things on campus, we’ve got an app just for students called “Toi Ohomai Hub”. It’s your one-stop shop for everything student related including course results, print balances, class timetable, moodle, study support, IT help, news, events, and more! Once you’ve got your student user login, download the app by searching ‘Toi Ohomai Hub’ in Google Play or Apple Store.
We run LOTS of competitions on our Facebook pages, so make sure you are following your campus’ Facebook page or group to get the latest #oncampus info and be in to win.
We’ve also got an Instagram page so be sure to follow. Here are our latest #toiohomai photos from Instagram (use a modern browser to view).
Each fortnight, we’ll be hitting your inbox with our student newsletter email called #oncampus. This e-newsletter has all the info you need to stay up to date and ensure you’re making the most of student services, study advice, and events!
Student Voice and Class Reps
If you’re keen to represent the voice of the student community, maybe consider becoming a class rep. You’ll represent your classmates and peers in meetings and discussion forums to help improve the quality of education and campus life for all students.
Being a class rep is a great opportunity to develop leadership and communication skills (an awesome thing to have on your CV!). Talk with your tutor if you’re interested.
Free (yes, FREE!) breakfast every week during term time for current students provided by our awesome Student Support team. The current schedule is:
- Windermere Campus – Every Monday and Wednesday, 7am – 9am in the Lower Atea.
- Mokoia Campus – Every Tuesday, 8am – 9.30am in L Block foyer.