Are you a sterilising technician wanting to move up the ladder to a leadership role? Then this diploma is ideal for you!
You'll have the key skills and knowledge to lead a team and manage the operational requirements of a sterilisation unit. You'll build on your research and critical thinking skills to develop and implement quality management processes that supports safe patient-centred healthcare in health service organisations.
We offer this course fully online and you can study either full-time or part-time to work in with other commitments.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in Sterilising Technology (Level 5)
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
64 weeks part-time
Part-time study available
Offered online or partly online
|Indicative Fees||$992 per 20 credit topic for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Leadership/Senior roles within a sterilastion unit.
Topics you'll cover
- Quality Management Systems for Reprocessing Facilities
- Continuous Improvement of Reprocessing Services
- Validation for the Sterilisation Reprocessing Cycle
- Monitoring for the Reprocessing Cycle
- Leadership Skills for Sterilisation Management
- Evidence Based Practice for the Sterile Sciences
|Indicative Fees||$992 per 20 credit topic for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are two ways you can take advantage of free fees. One is through Toi Ohomai’s range of free courses. These are separate to the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative so you don’t need to check your eligibility in relation to fees – simply apply in the normal way and we’ll take it from there.
The other is through the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative: If you’re starting tertiary study for the first time you might be eligible for a year’s worth of free fees. Find out more in our FAQ about the government’s fees free initiative.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
Domestic applicants under 20 and all international applicants must:
- have NCEA Level 2 with passes in English/Te Reo Māori, or education achievement at least equivalent to NCEA Level 2 and a minimum of 42 credits at level 3;
- have completed the Certificate in Sterilising Technology (Level 3) (Open Polytechnic), or New Zealand Certificate in Sterilising Technology (Level 4), or equivalent;
- have access to the internet that will enable them to meet the directed learning hours; and
- be able to demonstrate access to sterilisation technology, either by employment, or the ability to complete work experience, in a relevant business with access to these facilities.
For Levels 5, 6 and 7 certificate or diploma, domestic students under 20 and all international students must have:
NCEA Level 2 with passes in English/Te Reo Māori or education achievement at least equivalent to NCEA Level 2 and a minimum of 42 credits at level 3; or
Evidence of ability to complete academic requirements for the programme.
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- 64 weeks part-time
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online