Imagine being a part of the thriving beauty therapy industry? This beauty therapy diploma equips you with the skills and knowledge to get your career flying.
You learn advanced skills in skin analysis, electrolysis, body massage and wraps, electrotherapy and micro dermabrasion.
Your hands-on learning takes place on site at our professional training salon so you get to work on real clients.
Theory is also part of your learning – you gain knowledge in anatomy and physiology, client care, salon management, consultation and individual analysis while you work.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Level 5)
|Next intake||Feb 2021 View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
|Indicative Fees||$5,949 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Beauty therapist
- Salon manager
- Product company representative
- Brand manager
- Account manager
- Salon owner
Topics you'll cover
- Professional Practice
- Body Therapy
- Applied Salon Management
- Advanced Skin Care
- Advanced Hair Removal
- Electrical Facial & Body Therapy
|Indicative Fees *||$5,949 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2021 study. Enrol by 31 December 2020 and you’ll pay the 2020 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- have completed the New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy (Level 4) or equivalent and knowledge, experience and/or qualification(s),
- NCEA Level 2 with passes in English/Te Reo Māori or education achievement at least equivalent to NCEA Level 2, and a minimum of 42 credits at Level 3 or,
- evidence of ability to complete the academic requirements of the course.
For applicants for whom English is not their first language, evidence of language competency may be required.
For Levels 5, 6 and 7 certificate or diploma, domestic students under 20 and all international students must have:
NCEA Level 2 with passes in English/Te Reo Māori or education achievement at least equivalent to NCEA Level 2 and a minimum of 42 credits at level 3; OR
Evidence of ability to complete academic requirements for the programme.
English language requirements
An IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language (Level 4) (General) or (Workplace), or NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 (General) or (Employment), or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined in NZQF related Rules (Rule 18).
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||22 Feb 2021|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||22 Feb 2021|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||19 Jul 2021|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||19 Jul 2021|
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)