This exciting new part-time horticulture course has been especially developed for those working towards a supervisory position in the fruit production industry.
It is industry focused, meaning you come out with exactly the skills that industry are looking for like production knowledge, teamwork and communication.
The course is delivered part-time over 15 months, and you'll cover a range of supervisory, and seasonal fruit production skills while gaining in-depth knowledge of growing and harvesting processes.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Production (Fruit Production) (Level 4)
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
15 months part-time
|Indicative Fees||No tuition fees (TTAF funded) for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Supervisory roles in the fruit production industry, such as orchard/vineyard supervisor or leading hand
Topics you'll cover
Topics are structured around seasonal tasks:
- Supervisory skills for horticulture
- Supervise a crop harvest
- Summer fruit crop pruning and training
- Winter fruit crop pruning and training
- Pollination, thinning and crop load management
- Fruit crop protection standards
- Pest and disease management
- Environmental Influences on Production
|Indicative Fees *||No tuition fees (TTAF funded) for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
This course qualifies for free tuition fees under TTAF. (Course materials and equipment not included). There's no need to do anything extra - simply apply for the course and we'll take it from there.
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- hold the New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (Fruit Production) (Level 3), or an equivalent qualification, AND/OR
- be able to demonstrate suitable knowledge and skills
English language requirements
Level 4 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 15 months part-time
Further Study Options
Courses Offered at Toi Ohomai
Courses Currently Under Development at Toi Ohomai, or Offered at Other Institutions
New Zealand Diploma in Horticulture Production (Level 5)