There are lots of accommodation options for you to consider while you’re studying with us.
You can choose to share with other students in a flat, hostel or hall of residence, live with a family in a homestay situation, or rent a place on your own.
Hostel: Tangatarua Hall of Residence
Tangatarua Hall of Residence is located next to Mokoia Campus. Situated in a park-like setting with mature landscaping and open spaces, the hall offers students affordable housing within walking distance to your courses on Mokoia Campus. The hall is open to full-time students who would normally live outside of Rotorua and offers an ideal alternative to commuting from other areas.
Some of the facilities and services include:
- communal kitchen and dining areas
- full-time residential manager to ensure your security and safety
- broadband internet available in your room
- table tennis
- pool table and games, and
- free on-site parking
- Sky Television
The Tangatarua Hall of Residence Handbook includes everything you need to know including rules and regulations, maps, rates, room layouts.
We have houses close to Windermere Campus that you can share with other students, or you can find something in a hostel or privately listed house where you make your own arrangements directly with the provider of that accommodation.
Shared Student Flats Close to Windermere Campus
Toi Ohomai has houses available right next to Windermere Campus in Tauranga. These are managed by Town and Country Rentals.
The bedrooms are lockable and furnished with a double bed, wardrobe, drawers, study desk and chair. Living areas and bathrooms are shared with at least one other student. The houses contain essential cooking utensils, crockery and appliances, a washing machine and fridge/freezer, and a television. The weekly rent costs include electricity and water.
Priority will be given to:
- early applicants (apply as soon as you have paid your study fees)
- Toi Ohomai students in their first year of study
- students aged 22 years or under
- students living more than 50km away
Download an application form (pdf, 526kb)
Olivine Street Houses
Olivine Street is just 1km from Windermere Campus and has a number of 6 bedroom, fully furnished houses. These are managed by Town and Country Rentals.
- Olivine Street Information Sheet (pdf, 874kb)
- Olivine Street Terms and Conditions (pdf, 59kb)
- Olivine Street Application Form (pdf, 172kb)
Mayfair Street Units
BeHome Realty sometimes has fully furnished units available at Mayfair Street on the city fringe, with public transport close by for Windermere Campus.
The units are cleaned weekly and you'll enjoy communal living where you can meet new people and make new friends.
Find a Private Flat/Boarding Arrangement
Tauranga Summer Holiday Accommodation
Very near to Windermere Campus, holiday accommodation is available from the second week of December until the end of January.
Short drive to swimming and surf beaches including Mt. Maunganui and Papamoa Beach
- close to the Tauranga CBD
- 2-4 bedroom houses that can sleep 4-8 people
- $140-$180 per night, per house. Minimum 5 night stay during peak times
- houses also available for 6-8 week rentals (enquire early)
- BYO linen, towels etc. Includes basic crockery and kitchen equipment/utensils
- BYO deck chairs
- free use of the Toi Ohomai Aquatic and Fitness Centre during your stay
For information email email@example.com
E Block, Mokoia Campus
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology International Office, Private Bag 3028, Rotorua 3046, New Zealand
Information Centre, Mokoia Campus
N Block, Mokoia Campus
Private Bag 3028, Rotorua 3046, New Zealand