Learning By Doing
Applied learning, or ‘learning by doing’ is what we specialise in here at Toi Ohomai.
You’ll learn practical, useful, and hands-on skills – which will make all the difference when it’s time to get a job.
During your studies we’ll help you make valuable industry connections through internships, cadetships, work placements and guest lecturers.
You'll still get plenty of class time and valuable theory from your tutors, which you’ll then put into practice:
- Carpentry students build an entire house from scratch
- Hospitality students research and write their own menus, then cook and serve the food at events
- Business students have the opportunity to apply for a cadetship with the Port of Tauranga while still studying
- Organics students create their own compost
- Automotive students use their newly learned skills to provide winter safety checks on cars
- Creative students exhibit and sell their unique work at art exhibitions
Find out more about the courses we have on offer here at Toi Ohomai.