Ready to advance your knowledge around health and safety in the workplace? Your qualifications will be highly valued by employers.
Workplaces need skilled employees who can develop, maintain and protect health and safety standards in accordance with legislative guidelines.
This course is ideal for supervisors and team leaders who have previous experience and a good grounding in safety practices within industry.
You'll learn how to implement a health and safety plan and hazard management system as well as plan and conduct a health and safety audit and document workplace incidents.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 4)
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
19 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
|Indicative Fees||$2,916 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- health and safety representative
- team leader
Topics you'll cover
- PUBH4007: Risk Analysis, Mitigation and Organisational Impact
- PUBH4008: Health and Safety Leadership and Culture
- PUBH4009: Implementation and Supervision of Health and Safety Requirements
- PUBH4010: Managing Health and Safety in the Workplace
|Indicative Fees *||$2,916 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Enrol for 2020 by 31 December and pay 2019 course rates! Conditions apply *
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are two ways you can take advantage of free fees. One is through Toi Ohomai’s range of free courses. These are separate to the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative so you don’t need to check your eligibility in relation to fees – simply apply in the normal way and we’ll take it from there.
The other is through the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative: If you’re starting tertiary study for the first time you might be eligible for a year’s worth of free fees. Find out more in our FAQ about the government’s fees free initiative.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- hold the National Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (Workplace Safety) (Level 3), OR
- hold the New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety (Level 3)or an equivalent qualification, OR,
- be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills in health and safety
You’ll be invited to an information meeting prior to Toi Ohomai offering you a place. This is your opportunity to find out more about the course content and to make sure you're on the most appropriate course for your career aspirations and current level of experience.
For courses at Level 4, domestic students will normally be required to have:
NCEA Level 2 with passes in English/Te Reo Māori or education achievement at least equivalent to NCEA Level 2; OR
Evidence of ability to complete academic and any other programme requirements.
English language requirements
Level 4 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 19 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Further Study Options
Courses Currently Under Development at Toi Ohomai, or Offered at Other Institutions
New Zealand Diploma in Workplace Health and Safety Management (Level 6)