If you need to know how to operate a chainsaw, this course shows you how.
You'll learn how to operate, maintain and sharpen a chainsaw, and how to safely make cuts. You'll attend a three-day practical workshop, and complete a log book. You'll also be expected to read the course material provided prior to workshop.
This course is designed for people who need to use a chainsaw at home or in non-commercial situations.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Introductory Chainsaw Skills (Level 3)
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
4 weeks part-time
You'll attend a three-day practical workshop. You'll also complete a log book and read the course materials in your own time.
|Indicative Fees||$527 total cost of course for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Topics you'll cover
You'll learn about:
- Checking a chainsaw and its components
- Safely transporting and using chainsaw fuel
- Hazards which influence the operation of the chainsaw
- Personal protection and first aid requirements for chainsaw operators
- Starting and testing chainsaw
- Using a chainsaw to make cuts
|Indicative Fees *||$527 total cost of course for domestic students|
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2021 study. Enrol by 31 December 2020 and you’ll pay the 2020 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
Course Entry Information
- be 16 years old, AND
- have NCEA Level 1 with 10 credits in Numeracy and 10 credits in Literacy, OR
- equivalent knowledge and skills
You must also be physically able to complete the course.
English language requirements
Level 3 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 4 weeks part-time
- You'll attend a three-day practical workshop. You'll also complete a log book and read the course materials in your own time.