It's great being the boss – but it’s even better when you know the most effective way of getting the job done and have the qualification to prove it!
This qualification will suit you if you've been working in the construction industry and you've moved up to a site supervisor role, or you want to take that next step.
You'll learn everything you need to know about leadership and the vital paperwork and regulations every construction project depends on.
With the opportunity to attend classes either in person on campus, or online (at set times), twice a month, it’s an easy way to upskill and future-proof yourself.
The course focuses on construction methods and systems, order lists and supervision, ground retention, and weatherproofing.
You’ll learn about structural pre-cast concrete, weatherproofing of buildings, cladding systems, installing interior walls and ceilings, creating orders, and supervision of other trades.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Related Trades (Main Contract Supervision) (Level 5)
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
1 year part-time
Offered online or partly online
|Indicative Fees||$1,744 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Work in residential or commercial construction as:
- main contract supervisor
- business owner/operator
Topics you'll cover
- Concrete construction methods and weatherproofing
- Building construction methods and order list
- Ground retention systems and sub-trades
- Non-structural exteriors and ceiling and wall systems
|Indicative Fees *||$1,744 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2021 study. Enrol by 31 December 2020 and you’ll pay the 2020 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
You must have:
- existing knowledge and skills in the trade that you will be supervising, AND
- National Certificate in Construction Trades (Supervisor) (Level 4), or be able to demonstrate equivalent skills and knowledge
If you do not meet the academic requirements you may be given special admission if Toi Ohomai staff are satisfied you are capable of successfully completing the requirements.
Special admission may also apply for applicants over 20 years.
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 1 year part-time
- Offered online or partly online
Further Study Options
Courses Offered at Toi Ohomai
Courses Currently Under Development at Toi Ohomai, or Offered at Other Institutions
- further study at diploma or degree level in the field of Management, Quantity Surveying, Architectural Technology or any other building and construction related fields.