This course is ideal for you if you're considering a career in the media, or want to enhance your media skills. It covers areas like filming, editing, social media, radio and digital marketing.
You’ll learn from tutors with years of industry experience, plus a host of guest tutors working in a range of different media roles. You'll work and learn in top class facilities and we even run our own radio station on campus.
This media course offers a practical, hands on approach where you learn by doing! The course is all about providing you with a diverse range of skills that can be utilised over a multitude of roles.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Communications Media (Level 4)
|Next intake||Jul 2021 View more details|
1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
|Indicative Fees||$3,034 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Entry level roles in the media (radio, screen, print and digital media)
- Run your own business
- Enhance your personal or business media skills
Topics you'll cover
Some of the exciting topics you may explore throughout the course are:
- filming and editing (YouTube link)
- green screen
- presenting to camera
- radio broadcasting
- social influence
- community management
- social media and online content management
- Search Engine Optimisation
Legal and Ethical Practice:
- Broadcasting Standards Authority
- Advertising Standards Authority
- Broadcasting Act
- career development
- personal presentation
- interview skills for industry
|Indicative Fees *||$3,034 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
You must have:
- at least 40 credits at NCEA Level 2
- 10 Literacy credits at Level 1, AND
- 10 Numeracy credits at Level 1
If you do not meet the academic requirements you may be given special admission if Toi Ohomai staff are satisfied you are capable of successfully completing the requirements.
Special admission may also apply for applicants over 20 years.
English language requirements
Level 4 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||19 Jul 2021|
- 1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)