Have you thought about working in an accounts role? Are you thinking about making a move from business administration into an accounts role but need more confidence and knowledge to take that step? Perhaps you are already working in an organisation and want more responsibility and challenge. It could be time to consider upskilling to make that move a reality.
This qualification will give you a sound understanding of the accounting functions that are required in a business. You will gain the knowledge to take on an entry level accounting support role within an organisation, contributing to performance and productivity.
This course is offered fully online via eCampus NZ.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Accounting Support Services) (Level 4)
|Next intake||Flexible View more details|
1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
Offered online / partly online
|Indicative Fees||$571.36 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Career opportunities include Bookkeeper, Accounts officer, Payroll officer, Sole-charge administrator, Accounts payable/receivable or Accounts Assistant.
Topics you'll cover
- Accrual Accounting
- Accounting for Taxation
- Accounting Software
|Indicative Fees *||$571.36 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3), or
- New Zealand Certificate in Retail (Level 3), or
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3), or
- NCEA (Level 2), or
- A NZ Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 2), or
- A qualification at Level 2 or above, with evidence of literacy and numeracy abilities equivalent to NCEA (Level 1), or
- Evidence of relevant knowledge and experience, including literacy and numeracy abilities equivalent to NCEA (Level 1).
In the latter two situations the applicant is required to provide a copy of their CV for the purpose of verifying the evidence.
Applicants whose first language is not English must have an acceptable level of English language fluency prior to enrolment in the programme. This may be demonstrated in a variety of ways, including schooling in New Zealand, completion of the relevant New Zealand Certificate in English Language, approved scores on IELTS tests or completion of accepted international equivalents. Specific scores for IELTS and New Zealand Certificates in English Language are as follows:
- IELTS 5.5 General or Academic (no band score lower than 5)
- NZCEL Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace, or Academic
English language requirements
Level 4 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
- 1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online