With more communication and commerce happening online than ever before, the web provides incredible opportunities for businesses and individuals working in web design and development. They’re employed across all types of organisations from small to large size companies, as well as being able to work as freelancers and consultants.
With the Bachelor of Applied Information Technology (Web Design and Development), you’ll learn to use the latest web technologies to design and develop websites and web applications.
Our amazing tutors are experts in their field, they'll work closely with you as you learn applied skills, including programming, user interface design and usability testing, that will enable you to transform user requirements into industry standard web applications.
If you're keen to see what your IT study journey can look like, check out the IT Study Pathways.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Bachelor of Applied Information Technology (Web Design and Development)
|Next intake||Feb 2021 View more details|
3 years full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$6,136 per year for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Web Developer
- Interaction Designer
- Web Designer
- Front End Developer
- PHP Developer
- UI Designer
- .NET Developer
Topics you'll cover
All course topics listed below are 15 credits at Level 6, unless otherwise stated.
- COMP.5201: Information Technology Operations
- COMP.5202: Fundamentals of Programming and Problem Solving
- COMP.5203: Professional Practice
- COMP.5204: Enterprise
- COMP.5209: Interface Analysis and Design
- COMP.5210: Web Application Implementation
- COMP.5211: Application Testing and Maintenance
- COMP.5212: Programming
- COMP.6209: Systems Analysis and Design
- COMP.6210: Web Services and Design Methodologies
- COMP.6211: Algorithms and Data Structures
- COMP.6212: Data Management
- COMP.6213: Project Management
- COMP.6214: Project 2 (30 credits)
- COMP.6215: Graphical User Interface Programming
- COMP.6216: Multimedia
- COMP.7213: Human Computer Interaction
- COMP.7214: Client Server Web Development
- COMP.7215: Advanced Content Management System Development
- COMP.6201: Routing and Switching (Level 6)
- COMP.6205: Professional Practice (Level 6)
- COMP.7100: Project (45 credits)
|Indicative Fees *||$6,136 per year for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
You must have:
- NZQA University Entrance or equivalent, OR
- New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4), OR
- evidence of ability to meet academic requirements.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||22 Feb 2021|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||19 Jul 2021|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||22 Nov 2021|
- 3 years full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available