This scholarship offers financial assistance to a student who has demonstrated the attributes that will help them succeed in the New Zealand Diploma in Environmental Management (Level 6) (Terrestrial) course, and who is likely to go on to make an important contribution in the field of terrestrial environmental management.
The financial circumstances of each applicant will also be considered during the selection process.
The applicant must be currently studying the New Zealand Diploma in Environmental Management (Level 5) (Terrestrial) course at Toi Ohomai, and planning to continue with the New Zealand Diploma in Environmental Management (Level 6) (Terrestrial) course in 2019.
Only open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants need to clearly demonstrate that they have:
- the ability and commitment to succeed in academic study at this level
- a proven ability to work well in a team situation
- an interest in, and commitment to, the environment
One scholarship to the value of $1,500 to assist with study related costs, paid via cheque.
Application Form / More information
Please attach a statement detailing the following with your application:
- how and why you have focused on your chosen subject area
- how you meet the entry criteria for your chosen course
- how this scholarship will be important to your success in this course (i.e. explain your financial situation and how you intend to pay for your course fees)
You will also need to attach a written reference from someone who knows you well (using the attached form).
Further supporting evidence may include any of the following: a CV, academic results, work experience or voluntary work, related interests, and supporting statements from work experience providers, previous employers, or other people who know the applicant well.