The following is an excerpt from the 2017 Regulatory Framework for Quality Assurance which can be found on the Regulations page.
Part 2 – Quality Management System
1.0 QMS – Academic
- The Quality Management System (QMS) – Academic sets out the policies and procedures that govern the academic matters of the institution to ensure students and institutional outcomes are met.
- The QMS ensures that Toi Ohomai is compliant with legislative requirements, and meets obligations and national standards required by key stakeholders particularly NZQA, MoE and TEC.
- Policies and procedures set out in the QMS – Academic will:
- facilitate the design and development of curricula, and teaching and assessment
- resources that support applied learning and achievement of intended outcomes
- enable the smooth progression through the student life cycle
- ensure quality, relevance and value for money of programmes delivered
- ensure validity, reliability and fairness of assessment
- ensure legislative requirements and compliance are met
- ensure transparency and accuracy of internal and external reporting
- align with institutional commitments to cultural responsiveness and those in the
- institution’s Strategic Plan and Investment Plan
- include student participation in decision-making
- address the diverse needs and circumstances of the student population
- acknowledge the Treaty of Waitangi
If you would like to view any of our QMS policies please contact us.