Want to grow your business? The New Zealand Diploma in Agribusiness Management will help get your business moving forward.
Ideally suited to business owners or people wanting to move into management roles. This course will give you the knowledge and practical skills to streamline your business and increase returns. Designed to be flexible with work, this course can be completed part-time over two to three years.
You learn about general farm and orchard planning, financial management and sustainable farming practices, and hear from guest speakers in the agricultural and financial sector. You also analyse your own systems and processes to identify where you can improve outputs each month.
This course is about sharpening your skills and knowledge so you can turn your business into a highly profitable player in New Zealand's booming primary sector.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in Agribusiness Management (Level 5).
|Next intake||Aug 2020 View more details|
15 months part-time
This course is designed for people already working in the agriculture industry.
|Indicative Fees||$6,314 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Supervisory and management roles in pastoral and arable farming, horticulture, and other agribusiness operations.
Topics you'll cover
- Sustainable Resource Management in Primary Industries
- Human Resource Management in Primary Industry
- Risk Management in Primary Industries
- Fundamentals of Financial Management for Primary Industries
- Taxation for Primary Industries
- Business Planning in Primary Industries
- Financial Analysis for Primary Industries
- Primary Industry Property Report
|Indicative Fees *||$6,314 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2021 study. Enrol by 31 December 2020 and you’ll pay the 2020 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
You will need:
- a Level 3 or 4 industry-related qualification or equivalent, OR evidence of ability to meet academic requirements,
- relevant industry experience.
You must be employed in the agriculture industry and/or have unlimited access to an appropriate business.
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|11 Aug 2020|
|Taupō||Taupō Campus||1 Sep 2020|
- 15 months part-time
- This course is designed for people already working in the agriculture industry.
Further Study Options
Courses Currently Under Development at Toi Ohomai, or Offered at Other Institutions
- further study at diploma or degree level in agriculture, horticulture, science and related-disciplines.