It's great being the boss – but it’s even better when you know the most effective way of getting the job done and have the qualification to prove it!
This qualification suits anyone who has been working in the construction industry and has moved up to a site supervisor role or who wants to take this step. Plumbers, painters, carpenters and bricklayers are some examples of the tradespeople who enrol for this course.
You'll learn everything you need to know about leadership and all the vital paperwork and regulations every construction project depends on. With the opportunity to attend classes either in person on campus, or online (in real time), it’s an easy way to upskill and future-proof yourself.
The course focuses on time management and planning, workplace communication, contract administration, business systems, taxation and supervision processes. You’ll learn to implement site safety plans, manage specifications and quantity lists, meet employment regulations and manage conflict so you can coordinate sub-contractors to ensure each project is completed on time and meets the required standards.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Related Trades (Supervisor) (Level 4)
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
19 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
Offered online or partly online
|Indicative Fees||$1,297 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Supervisory and management roles within the construction industry
Topics you'll cover
- Regulatory Processes for Construction
- Construction Administration and Programming
- Supervision in a Construction Related Workplace
- Construction Related Communications in the Workplace
|Indicative Fees *||$1,297 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Enrol for 2020 by 31 December and pay 2019 course rates! Conditions apply *
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are two ways you can take advantage of free fees. One is through Toi Ohomai’s range of free courses. These are separate to the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative so you don’t need to check your eligibility in relation to fees – simply apply in the normal way and we’ll take it from there.
The other is through the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative: If you’re starting tertiary study for the first time you might be eligible for a year’s worth of free fees. Find out more in our FAQ about the government’s fees free initiative.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- existing knowledge and skills in the trade that you will be supervising, AND
- any qualification at Level 3 or 4 from the Planning and Construction field, OR
- the demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skills
English language requirements
Level 4 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 19 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online