Do you work in a public health, clinical health, scientific, or food production environment and need to know about how to prevent and minimise the spread of infection?
Our graduate courses are not only for nurses and other clinical staff, but anyone whose field of work involves the potential for infection transmission, such as scientists, lab technicians or allied health workers.
In this one-year Graduate Diploma you develop your skills and knowledge in microbiology, epidemiology and epidemiological research, and learn best-practice strategies to prevent and minimise the spread of infectious organisms.
Leadership is a strong focus of this course and using evidence-based research, you explore leadership issues and how they relate to the implementation and coordination of infection risk management.
You also learn what’s involved in delivering effective monitoring and quality assurance programmes.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Graduate Diploma in Infection Risk Management
Additional awards included:
- Graduate Certificate in Infection Risk Management
|Next intake||Feb 2020 View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
If you have already completed the Graduate Certificate in Infection Risk Management, you can finish this course in 19 weeks (full time).
Part-time study available
Offered online or partly online
|Indicative Fees||$7,260 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Employment in the areas of:
- public health or health monitoring
- science or environmental analysis
- food production
- communicable diseases
- local government
- as an infection prevention and control clinician
Topics you'll cover
- Microbiology for Infection Risk Management
- Fundamentals of Infection Risk Management
- Leadership of Infection Risk Management
- Infection Risk Management in Practice
- Applied Research
|Indicative Fees *||$7,260 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are two ways you can take advantage of free fees. One is through Toi Ohomai’s range of free courses. These are separate to the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative so you don’t need to check your eligibility in relation to fees – simply apply in the normal way and we’ll take it from there.
The other is through the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative: If you’re starting tertiary study for the first time you might be eligible for a year’s worth of free fees. Find out more in our FAQ about the government’s fees free initiative.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- hold an undergraduate degree in any discipline, OR
- hold a Level 6 diploma in a relevant field, OR
- be able to demonstrate equivalent practical, professional or educational experience.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||17 Feb 2020|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||29 Jun 2020|
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- If you have already completed the Graduate Certificate in Infection Risk Management, you can finish this course in 19 weeks (full time).
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online