Creating purposeful connections enables us to be at the heart of our region.
We aim to ensure every one of our courses is aligned to what industry demands, to ensure the best possible outcomes for our students and community.
Currently more than 75% of our students spend part of their study undertaking work placements in industry. That means they’re already making those valuable connections they need for future employment.
We’re working closely with our diverse industries (agribusiness, forestry, fruit growers, health care and nursing, road transport and logistics, trades, tourism and hospitality, and more) as well as secondary schools, government departments, iwi, and community groups to ensure we’re getting it right.
Keeping it Real
We're about open, ongoing, two-way conversations with our partners in industry. This ensures we’re keeping up with what's happening in 'the real world' and enables us to provide relevant, modern, and valuable products.
If you're in industry and you have ideas for new courses, or suggestions on how we can update our current ones to better align with the changes you're seeing in your workplace, please get in touch.
Employ/Engage a Toi Ohomai Student
With our strong emphasis on community partnerships, we at Toi Ohomai are committed to supporting the region through collaboration and innovation.
In addition to offering quality, industry-focused education, we offer a comprehensive career development service.
By embedding valuable employability skills we ensure our students are ahead of the curve with the latest developments, trends and practical applications to equip them for the constantly-evolving workforce.
Advertise a Job to Toi Ohomai Students
If you have a new job opportunity for our students, we’d love to hear from you! Our ‘Post a Job’ form below allows us to communicate the details of your offer and help us match you to potential applicants.
Our Careers and Employability team will work alongside our tutors to promote your offer to our students and graduates, to connect you with our best and brightest.
You can expect an email response from us within 24 hours to confirm your listing.
Workplace Upskilling - Free Courses, Customised for your Business
Our workplace learning team can create customised training for your staff.
- Increase your profitability and productivity
- Develop the potential of your employees
- Customised courses to meet your needs
You choose the skills you want to focus on and we deliver the training at your workplace or here on campus.
Popular options include:
- Literacy and numeracy – computer skills, calculating and counting, workplace communication, understanding oral and written instructions, completing forms
- Language skills – English as a second language, te reo Māori for the workplace
- Customer service skills – valuing and understanding customer needs and expectations, attitude, courtesy, first impressions, ethical behaviour, listening and speaking skills, verbal and non-verbal communication, knowing your products and services, handling complaints
- Business skills – building an effective team, participating in team meetings, problem solving and leadership skills
- Health and safety – understanding of and compliance with business health and safety requirements
To arrange for a tutor to visit your workplace and talk through the options for your business, please contact us.