Postgraduate Research Supervisor
Faculty of Health, Education and Environment
I am a Senior Academic Staff Member (Business Studies) in the Faculty of Health, Education and Environment at Toi Ohomai. Other than my teaching experience, I was also a school principal and advisor to schools.
- NZ teacher qualification (current). M.Ed. Admin.
- Graduate Diploma in Adult Teaching
- Master of Ed Admin (Honours)
- Bachelor Of Education
- Bachelor Of Education Equivalent (Q3)
- Advanced Dip Teaching
- Diploma Of Teaching (Dept. Of Ed.)
- Trained Teacher's Certificate
Research Publications and Outputs
- Once were Blackboards in ‘eLearnings: Implementing national strategy For ICT in education, 1998 – 2010’, Core Education, edited by Vince Ham and Derek Wenmouth, 2010
- SAUCE teachers Handbook, Edition 2, QuEST ltd, 2010
- When I Ask Questions My Teacher Gets Angry in ‘Teachers Matter, the magazine of Spectrum Education’, Issue 4, 2010.
- Questioning: A Shift Is Needed in ‘Teachers Matter, the magazine of Spectrum Education’, Issue 5, 2010.
- Information Literacy: Time To Untangle The Confusion And Move On in ‘Computers In New Zealand Schools’, Volume 17, No 2, July 2005.
- Freedom To Teach Creatively – Granted by MoE and ERO in ‘New Zealand Principal, Vol 18 No1 March 2003’.
- Spice Up Research with SAUCE: a Thinking Way To use Information And Learn in ‘Computers In New Zealand Schools’, Volume 13, No 2, August 2001.
- SAUCE teacher’s Handbook, Edition 1, Kanuka Grove, 2001
Ed-talks published on the Web
- Building question askers not question answerers
- Effective questioning
- The early years of ICT professional development
Conference Presentation and Workshops
- Key note speaker Deputy Principal’s Conference, Queenstown 2015
- Key note speaker Reading Conference Whangarei 2013
- Presenter at Learning@Schools conferences 2003 to 2016
- Presenter at ULearn conferences 2003 to 2016
- Key note speaker at Te Waka Eke Noa Conference 2014